Posted by : Unknown Tuesday 19 August 2014

Marcos Rojo has apologised for boycotting training with Sporting Lisbon to push through move to Old Trafford

Marcos Rojo looks set to complete his €20m move to Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon.

  • SHARE
  • GO TO
The defender confirmed that he is to join Louis van Gaal's side in an interview with Argentinian radio Continental.
“It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy,” he said.
The 24-year-old added that he had spoken to former United midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron about the club when they were team-mates: “He told me about them when we played for Estudiantes.”
It has been claimed that the World Cup star will sign a four-year contract, with the option of extending the deal for a further year with Nani heading the other way.
The deal could be completed as soon as tomorrow with Rojo expected to fly into Manchester later today to complete his medical.
Rojo apologised to Sporting Lisbon on Sunday evening after refusing to train in an effort to push through the move to United.
“I was hot-headed and I’m sorry. I’ll be back with the rest of the squad tomorrow,” he said.
“Sporting signed me when I was not at my best and gave me the opportunity to play for a big club in Europe. I would like to thank the trust they had in me and I will resume training on Monday.”
Van Gaal was in the market for a left-sided defender to bolster his 3-5-2 system given the three recognised centre-backs in his squad, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans, are all predominately right-sided.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Sports Stories - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -